When your home page is replaced by Opti-page.com, you must read this post which contains a step by step removal instructions on how to remove Opti-page.com redirect virus from different web browsers.
The Information of Opti-page.com
Being a typical browser hijacker, Opti-page.com is very ugly that can change your home page Opti-page.com without your permission. You may suffer this problem after click on a malicious link or download some suspicious software without paying sufficient attention.
As long as this Opti-page.com page replaces your home page, you will have to visit it frequently when you open the web browser. Commonly, no matter if you use IE, Firefox, Safari, or Google Chrome, the hijacker can affect all of them. Being attacked by Opti-page.com, the browser will always get redirected to Opti-page.com. In other word, you can easily access any destination websites smoothly like before.
Download Removal Toolto remove Opti-page.com
Moreover, when this hijacker virus is inside the computer, it not only captures the web browser, but also slows it down by flooding it with numerous commercial ads. The ads will drive you crazy for they are everywhere. What’s more, if you can’t delete this page virus in time, it will collect your browsing history for other malicious purposes. And the system will become more vulnerable to other malware including NoMore Ads and My Coupons XP attack. Thus, the earlier you delete Opti-page.com viruses, the more secure your computer.
1. Remove the Virus Automatically & Completely (Recommended)
If you do not have enough skills and time to get rid of this nasty virus, please use this powerful Automatic Virus Removal Tool to save to your computer and your trouble.
Step 1: Remove the Opti-page.com related programs from your computer
By following the first part of instructions, you will be able to trace and completely get rid of the intruders and disturbances:
- To terminate Opti-page.com application from the system, use the instructions which suit you:
- Windows XP/Vista/7: Choose Start button, and then go for Control Panel.
Download Removal Toolto remove Opti-page.com
- Windows 8: Have the cursor of the mouse moved to the right side, edge. Choose Search and start searching “control panel”. The other way to get there is to make a right click on the hot corner in left (simply, Start button) and go for Control Panel selection.
As you get into Control Panel, then look for Programs section and choose Uninstall a program. In case your Control Panel is in Classic View, you should press twice on Programs and Features.
When Programs and Features/Uninstall a Program Windows appears, take a look at the list provided, find and uninstall one or all the programs found:
- Opti-page.com; HD-Total-Plus; RemoveThaeAdAopp; UTUobEAdaBlock; SafeSaver; SupTab;
- ValueApps; Lollipop; Software Updated Version; DP1815; Video Player; Convert Files for Free;
- Plus-HD 1.3; BetterSurf; Trusted Web; PassShow; LyricsBuddy-1; Yupdate4.flashplayes.info 1.2;
- Media Player 1.1; Savings Bull; Feven Pro 1.1; Websteroids; Savings Bull; HD-Plus 3.5; Re-markit.
Additionally, you should uninstalled any application which was installed short time ago. In order to find those recently installed applcations, press on Installed On section and here investigate programs based on the dates it were installed. Take a better look at that list once again and uninstall any unfamiliar program.
It can also happen that you may not find any of the above listed programs which you were advised to uninstall. If you realize that you do not recognize any unreliable and unseen programs, follow the next steps in this uninstallation guide.
Step 2: Uninstall Opti-page.com pop-ups from browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome
Delete Opti-page.com pop-up ads from Internet ExplorerDownload Removal Toolto remove Opti-page.com
By relying on the provided tips you can have your browsres brought back to the normal state. Here are the tips for Internet Explorer:
- Go to Internet Explorer, press on the gear icon (right side). Find yourself on Internet Options.
- In this section, press on Advanced tab, and continue with Reset.
- As you are in Reset Internet Explorer settings section, go for Delete personal settings box, and move forward to Reset.
- As you see that the task is being finished, choose Close selection, for actions to be confirmed. ” To finish, close and reopen the browser.
Eliminate Opti-page.com pop-up ads from Mozilla Firefox
If Mozilla Furefox browser on your system is somehow broken because of the entrance of viruses, you should restrore it. Restoring in other words means resetting browser to its primary state. Do not be worry as your personal selection on the browser will be safe, e.g. history, bookmarks, passwords and etc.
- While you are on Firefox, press on Firefox button, move through Help menu and choose Troubleshooting Information.
- While on this page, choose Reset Firefox (on the right).
- Carry on with Reset Firefox in the apperaing window.
- Now, the browser will be restored to its default settings. When the process is finished, you will see the list of the data imported. Approve by choosing Finish.
Important: As the browser restore was conducted, be informed that the old profile of Firefox will be saved in the folder Old Firefox Data located on your system‘s desktop. You may need this folder or you may just remove it as it owns your private data. In case the reset was not successful, have your important files copied from the mentioned folder back.
Remove Opti-page.com pop-up ads from Google Chrome
- Find and press on Chrome menu button (browser toolbar) and then choose Tools. Continue with Extensions. Download Removal Toolto remove Opti-page.com
- In this tab, delele ane unfamiliar plugins by pressing on the icon of trash can. Importantly, have all or one of these programs removed: Opti-page.com, HD-Total-Plus, SafeSaver, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, Media Player 1.1, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, Yupdate4.flashplayes.info 1.2, Media Player 1.1, Savings Bull, Feven Pro 1.1, Websteroids, Savings Bull, HD-Plus 3.5.