What is PickPlus
PickPlus is a provoking adware that hijacks your browser without permission and redirects you to other pages unrelated to your search queries constantly. When you download free applications from bad websites, itâ€™s highly possible that your machine will get infected with PickPlus which is often bundled with free programs.
Once PickPlus is successfully installed and running in the system, your browser will be controlled by PickPlus adware, regardless of Safari, IE, Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. It replaces your homepage with other page and implants some risky toolbars like Healthysure, BlingJobs to your browser and changes registry entries, the host file and DNS settings. Besides, PickPlus will monitor your online activities and gather information about your browsing habits and search queries. And then it will redirect you to unwanted websites and keep popping up various ads. By doing so, it can make profits by selling products that might meet your needs, create a better traffic for sponsored websites and increase their page ranking.
Worst of all, PickPlus will download other viruses and infections spontaneously into your system from bad websites, and you donâ€™t know anything about it. So if you find your computer has been infected with PickPlus, you should remove PickPlus right now and the following instructions can help you.
Screenshot of PickPlus:
PickPlus virus is malicious and even dangerous:
1. PickPlus virus penetrates into computers without awareness.
2. PickPlus virus affects various browsers and changes browser settings without authorization.
3. PickPlus virus adds its add-ons and extensions to browser so as to generate tons of ads.
4. Ads by PickPlus redirects users to malicious websites which may distribute other viruses.
5. PickPlus virus takes advantage of system vulnerability to spy on users and steal sensitive information.
1. Get Rid of PickPlus Virus Automatically & Permanently (Recommended)
To manually remove this nasty PickPlus virus, you have to search and delete all of its registry entries, .dll and .exe files from your hard disk. But it will be a tough task to accomplish if you do not have such experience and expertise. Not to mention you could delete wrong system files and permanently damage your system. Thus, it’s recommended that you use this powerful Automatic Virus Removal Tool to remove all viruses once and for all.
Step 1: Remove the PickPlus related programs from your computer
By following the first part of instructions, you will be able to trace and completely get rid of the intruders and disturbances:
- To terminate PickPlus application from the system, use the instructions which suit you: Download Removal Toolto remove PickPlus
- Windows XP/Vista/7: Choose Start button, and then go for Control Panel.
- Windows 8: Have the cursor of the mouse moved to the right side, edge. Choose Search and start searching “control panel”. The other way to get there is to make a right click on the hot corner in left (simply, Start button) and go for Control Panel selection.
As you get into Control Panel, then look for Programs section and choose Uninstall a program. In case your Control Panel is in Classic View, you should press twice on Programs and Features.
When Programs and Features/Uninstall a Program Windows appears, take a look at the list provided, find and uninstall one or all the programs found:
- PickPlus; HD-Total-Plus; RemoveThaeAdAopp; UTUobEAdaBlock; SafeSaver; SupTab;
- ValueApps; Lollipop; Software Updated Version; DP1815; Video Player; Convert Files for Free;
- Plus-HD 1.3; BetterSurf; Trusted Web; PassShow; LyricsBuddy-1; Yupdate4.flashplayes.info 1.2;
- Media Player 1.1; Savings Bull; Feven Pro 1.1; Websteroids; Savings Bull; HD-Plus 3.5; Re-markit.
Additionally, you should uninstalled any application which was installed short time ago. In order to find those recently installed applcations, press on Installed On section and here investigate programs based on the dates it were installed. Take a better look at that list once again and uninstall any unfamiliar program.
Download Removal Toolto remove PickPlus It can also happen that you may not find any of the above listed programs which you were advised to uninstall. If you realize that you do not recognize any unreliable and unseen programs, follow the next steps in this uninstallation guide.
Step 2: Uninstall PickPlus pop-ups from browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome
Delete PickPlus pop-up ads from Internet Explorer
By relying on the provided tips you can have your browsres brought back to the normal state. Here are the tips for Internet Explorer:
- Go to Internet Explorer, press on the gear icon (right side). Find yourself on Internet Options.
- In this section, press on Advanced tab, and continue with Reset.
- As you are in Reset Internet Explorer settings section, go for Delete personal settings box, and move forward to Reset.
- As you see that the task is being finished, choose Close selection, for actions to be confirmed. ” To finish, close and reopen the browser.
Eliminate PickPlus pop-up ads from Mozilla Firefox
If Mozilla Furefox browser on your system is somehow broken because of the entrance of viruses, you should restrore it. Restoring in other words means resetting browser to its primary state. Do not be worry as your personal selection on the browser will be safe, e.g. history, bookmarks, passwords and etc.
- While you are on Firefox, press on Firefox button, move through Help menu and choose Troubleshooting Information.
- While on this page, choose Reset Firefox (on the right).
- Carry on with Reset Firefox in the apperaing window.
- Now, the browser will be restored to its default settings. When the process is finished, you will see the list of the data imported. Approve by choosing Finish.
Important: As the browser restore was conducted, be informed that the old profile of Firefox will be saved in the folder Old Firefox Data located on your system‘s desktop. You may need this folder or you may just remove it as it owns your private data. In case the reset was not successful, have your important files copied from the mentioned folder back.
Remove PickPlus pop-up ads from Google Chrome
- Find and press on Chrome menu button (browser toolbar) and then choose Tools. Continue with Extensions.
- In this tab, delele ane unfamiliar plugins by pressing on the icon of trash can. Importantly, have all or one of these programs removed: PickPlus, HD-Total-Plus, SafeSaver, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, Media Player 1.1, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, Yupdate4.flashplayes.info 1.2, Media Player 1.1, Savings Bull, Feven Pro 1.1, Websteroids, Savings Bull, HD-Plus 3.5.