Onion is ransomware that locks usersâ€™ computers and deceives them into paying money for it. Within a couple days, millions of computers are infected by Onion Ransomware. Such a virus could be spread via third party programs and Trojans.
If your computer is infected by Onion Ransomware, you will have a clear understanding how annoying it is. Onion Ransomware locks your computer and then makes up some lousy excuses and charges you of violating its so-called crimes. If you want your computer unlocked, it says, you need to pay an amount of money. Users with little experience on computer would not realize what happens and may pay the ransom, even though paying that much of money would not get their computer unlocked. It is only a scam
Onion Ransomware wonâ€™t leave your computer if you do not remove it from your system. Maybe you could feel how frustrating about your computer being locked by Onion Ransomware. It is able to load itself every time you turn on your computer because Onion Ransomware adds itself to start-up item and registry. In addition, Onion Ransomware can place its other components in your system to make sure that it will come back even though you have deleted it. Therefore, when your computer is infected by Onion Ransomware, please get rid of it from your PC as soon as possible.Download Removal Toolto remove Onion Ransomware
Screenshot of Onion Ransomware:
1. Get Rid of Onion Ransomware Automatically & Permanently (Recommended)
If you donâ€™t have enough computer techniques and time to remove this virus, please use this powerful Automatic Virus Removal Tool to remove the virus and fix the problem:
Step 1: Remove the Onion Ransomware related programs from your computer
By following the first part of instructions, you will be able to trace and completely get rid of the intruders and disturbances:
- To terminate Onion Ransomware application from the system, use the instructions which suit you:
- Windows XP/Vista/7: Choose Start button, and then go for Control Panel.
- Windows 8: Have the cursor of the mouse moved to the right side, edge. Choose Search and start searching “control panel”. The other way to get there is to make a right click on the hot corner in left (simply, Start button) and go for Control Panel selection.
Download Removal Toolto remove Onion Ransomware
As you get into Control Panel, then look for Programs section and choose Uninstall a program. In case your Control Panel is in Classic View, you should press twice on Programs and Features.
When Programs and Features/Uninstall a Program Windows appears, take a look at the list provided, find and uninstall one or all the programs found:
- Onion Ransomware; HD-Total-Plus; RemoveThaeAdAopp; UTUobEAdaBlock; SafeSaver; SupTab;
- ValueApps; Lollipop; Software Updated Version; DP1815; Video Player; Convert Files for Free;
- Plus-HD 1.3; BetterSurf; Trusted Web; PassShow; LyricsBuddy-1; Yupdate4.flashplayes.info 1.2;
- Media Player 1.1; Savings Bull; Feven Pro 1.1; Websteroids; Savings Bull; HD-Plus 3.5; Re-markit.
Additionally, you should uninstalled any application which was installed short time ago. In order to find those recently installed applcations, press on Installed On section and here investigate programs based on the dates it were installed. Take a better look at that list once again and uninstall any unfamiliar program.
It can also happen that you may not find any of the above listed programs which you were advised to uninstall. If you realize that you do not recognize any unreliable and unseen programs, follow the next steps in this uninstallation guide.
Step 2: Uninstall Onion Ransomware pop-ups from browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome
Delete Onion Ransomware pop-up ads from Internet Explorer
By relying on the provided tips you can have your browsres brought back to the normal state. Here are the tips for Internet Explorer:
- Go to Internet Explorer, press on the gear icon (right side). Find yourself on Internet Options.
Download Removal Toolto remove Onion Ransomware
- In this section, press on Advanced tab, and continue with Reset.
- As you are in Reset Internet Explorer settings section, go for Delete personal settings box, and move forward to Reset.
- As you see that the task is being finished, choose Close selection, for actions to be confirmed. ” To finish, close and reopen the browser.
Eliminate Onion Ransomware pop-up ads from Mozilla Firefox
If Mozilla Furefox browser on your system is somehow broken because of the entrance of viruses, you should restrore it. Restoring in other words means resetting browser to its primary state. Do not be worry as your personal selection on the browser will be safe, e.g. history, bookmarks, passwords and etc.
- While you are on Firefox, press on Firefox button, move through Help menu and choose Troubleshooting Information.
- While on this page, choose Reset Firefox (on the right).
- Carry on with Reset Firefox in the apperaing window.
- Now, the browser will be restored to its default settings. When the process is finished, you will see the list of the data imported. Approve by choosing Finish.
Important: As the browser restore was conducted, be informed that the old profile of Firefox will be saved in the folder Old Firefox Data located on your system‘s desktop. You may need this folder or you may just remove it as it owns your private data. In case the reset was not successful, have your important files copied from the mentioned folder back.
Remove Onion Ransomware pop-up ads from Google Chrome
- Find and press on Chrome menu button (browser toolbar) and then choose Tools. Continue with Extensions.
- In this tab, delele ane unfamiliar plugins by pressing on the icon of trash can. Importantly, have all or one of these programs removed: Onion Ransomware, HD-Total-Plus, SafeSaver, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, Media Player 1.1, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, Yupdate4.flashplayes.info 1.2, Media Player 1.1, Savings Bull, Feven Pro 1.1, Websteroids, Savings Bull, HD-Plus 3.5. Download Removal Toolto remove Onion Ransomware