Information of DNSKeeper Virus
DNSKeeper is a risky adware or potentially unwanted program (PUP) which compromises usesâ€™ web browsers and modifies the browser default settings without permission. This adware may distribute in ways of USB and dangerous file-sharing web pages, i. e. P2P connection. With the usage of rootkit technology, DNSKeeper can penetrate onto your computer without your notice and hide deep inside.
Once DNSKeeper runs in the system, it creates lots of junk files to consume your system space. In order to active it processes automatically, this adware will attach entries to the registry, which loads an instant program. Every time you open the computer, DNSKeeper adware will attach an entry in the registry to load an instant program so as to run on the background. In this way, it can perform many malicious activities on your computer. For example, it promotes lots of unwanted ads on your screen, which is rather annoying and disturbing. And DNSKeeper may cause redirect problem during your browsing.
With the usage of a spy extension, DNSKeeper is able to record your online information and send back you with lots of other related ads. Thus, at this time, you may be very attractive by the ads and click on them without thinking twice. However, those ads are not guaranteed safe. It is recommended you to remove DNSKeeper to protect your system and browsing information.
What harm DNSKeeper will cause in the system:
1. DNSKeeper will make modifications to DNS data and other system settings.
2. DNSKeeper will add a great many of unwanted advertisements to all your browsers.
3. DNSKeeper will automatically install additional programs and add-ons to your PC.
4. DNSKeeper will redirect you to questionable sites that might contain viruses.
5. DNSKeeper will reduce system resources and make your PC run slowly.
1. Get Rid of DNSKeeper Adware Automatically & Permanently (Recommended)
If you donâ€™t have enough computer techniques and time to remove this virus, please use this powerful Automatic Virus Removal Tool to remove the virus and fix the problem:
Step 1: Remove the DNSKeeper related programs from your computer
By following the first part of instructions, you will be able to trace and completely get rid of the intruders and disturbances:
- To terminate DNSKeeper application from the system, use the instructions which suit you:
- Windows XP/Vista/7: Choose Start button, and then go for Control Panel. Download Removal Toolto remove DNSKeeper
- Windows 8: Have the cursor of the mouse moved to the right side, edge. Choose Search and start searching “control panel”. The other way to get there is to make a right click on the hot corner in left (simply, Start button) and go for Control Panel selection.
As you get into Control Panel, then look for Programs section and choose Uninstall a program. In case your Control Panel is in Classic View, you should press twice on Programs and Features.
When Programs and Features/Uninstall a Program Windows appears, take a look at the list provided, find and uninstall one or all the programs found:
- DNSKeeper; HD-Total-Plus; RemoveThaeAdAopp; UTUobEAdaBlock; SafeSaver; SupTab;
- ValueApps; Lollipop; Software Updated Version; DP1815; Video Player; Convert Files for Free;
- Plus-HD 1.3; BetterSurf; Trusted Web; PassShow; LyricsBuddy-1; Yupdate4.flashplayes.info 1.2;
- Media Player 1.1; Savings Bull; Feven Pro 1.1; Websteroids; Savings Bull; HD-Plus 3.5; Re-markit.
Additionally, you should uninstalled any application which was installed short time ago. In order to find those recently installed applcations, press on Installed On section and here investigate programs based on the dates it were installed. Take a better look at that list once again and uninstall any unfamiliar program.
It can also happen that you may not find any of the above listed programs which you were advised to uninstall. If you realize that you do not recognize any unreliable and unseen programs, follow the next steps in this uninstallation guide.
Step 2: Uninstall DNSKeeper pop-ups from browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome
Delete DNSKeeper pop-up ads from Internet Explorer
By relying on the provided tips you can have your browsres brought back to the normal state. Here are the tips for Internet Explorer:
- Go to Internet Explorer, press on the gear icon (right side). Find yourself on Internet Options.
- In this section, press on Advanced tab, and continue with Reset.
- As you are in Reset Internet Explorer settings section, go for Delete personal settings box, and move forward to Reset.
- As you see that the task is being finished, choose Close selection, for actions to be confirmed. ” To finish, close and reopen the browser.
Eliminate DNSKeeper pop-up ads from Mozilla Firefox
If Mozilla Furefox browser on your system is somehow broken because of the entrance of viruses, you should restrore it. Restoring in other words means resetting browser to its primary state. Do not be worry as your personal selection on the browser will be safe, e.g. history, bookmarks, passwords and etc.
- While you are on Firefox, press on Firefox button, move through Help menu and choose Troubleshooting Information.
- While on this page, choose Reset Firefox (on the right).
- Carry on with Reset Firefox in the apperaing window.
- Now, the browser will be restored to its default settings. When the process is finished, you will see the list of the data imported. Approve by choosing Finish.
Important: As the browser restore was conducted, be informed that the old profile of Firefox will be saved in the folder Old Firefox Data located on your system‘s desktop. You may need this folder or you may just remove it as it owns your private data. In case the reset was not successful, have your important files copied from the mentioned folder back.Download Removal Toolto remove DNSKeeper
Remove DNSKeeper pop-up ads from Google Chrome
- Find and press on Chrome menu button (browser toolbar) and then choose Tools. Continue with Extensions.
- In this tab, delele ane unfamiliar plugins by pressing on the icon of trash can. Importantly, have all or one of these programs removed: DNSKeeper, HD-Total-Plus, SafeSaver, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, Media Player 1.1, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, Yupdate4.flashplayes.info 1.2, Media Player 1.1, Savings Bull, Feven Pro 1.1, Websteroids, Savings Bull, HD-Plus 3.5.